May – a month of many changes and many great happenings! Let’s recap them all chronologically…
First, there was an event in Munich, the “About You Awards” – they were pretty interesting, as well as disappointing for the plus-size community, because we were only 3 official plus-size bloggers at the event and none of us was nominated in their social media categories. Two fellow bloggers, → Tanja and → Jules, decided to do a movement against this obvious ignorance called #WhatAboutUs? and so many people joined us. I also posted two pictures on Instagram, talking about how sad this is. You can find them → here and → here. I’m not expecting to be invited again next year, since I’m pretty sure that the promoters of this event are not happy with a guest talking about this while being there, but I’m fine with that, as long as there’ll be a change! It just can’t be that there’s an award show for “all things social media” (actually, there were a lot of categories missing, if you ask me), but there’s not one single plus-sized person at least nominated beforehand. We’re not asking for an extra category (cause that’d be kinda wrong as well), but there should be an acknowledgement of what “we” are doing, too!
Then, I’ve checked off yet another point from my → #SingleBucketList2018, yay! I went to the cinema alone and watched one of the most beautiful movies I’ve ever seen – “Call me by your name” (watch the trailer → here). I even loved it that much that I saw it a second time while in Hamburg, because I wanted to see the original version in English. And I’m currently reading the book. :) As you know, I love Sufjan Stevens – my latest tattoo is a quote from one of his songs – and I really loved → “Mystery of Love”, that’s why I wanted to see the movie! And now I’m super thankful for the experience of doing this on my own. Another thing I can do alone! BOOM!
I also kind of started to do more of my bucket list point “embrace adventures & be spontaneous” and a little bit of “go out for a club night with friends”. We’re getting there! ;)
And lastly, there’s a full week of Hamburg in my recap! One week of Northern goodness! ♥ And guess what? The week was perfect – a whole week of the most beautiful weather, summer-like and just amazing. And so many great things happened! I can’t write about all of them yet (didn’t visit Hamburg just for pleasure, but also for business), but here’s a list of what happened mostly:
- Friends. I didn’t spend one day alone and enjoyed it so much. I met old friends and new friends, made a great new friendship and enjoyed absolute quality time with all of them!
- The Harbor. If there’s a happy place for me in Hamburg, it’s the harbor. I love spending time at or on the river Elbe, especially when there’s such a great weather. I love feeling the wind on my skin, in my hair, in my face. It just makes me genuinely happy. And a Krabbenbrötchen at Brücke 10. Even though it costs a fortune.
- Food & Drinks. Well, I didn’t eat that much, cause the warm temperatures make me a little nauseous, but the food I had was AMAZING. And of course, I went out for drinks with my besties and really enjoyed life to the fullest.
- Walking. Like, a lot of walking. But I love it! It’s so easy to go for a walk in Hamburg, especially through the city or all those beautiful parks!
- New places and new things. After all those years (drama!), I finally visited the Elbphilharmonie! And did something, no Hamburger really would recommend: Reeperbahn on Friday night. But it was so much fun! Even though it’s horribly packed, haha!
Books I read in May: “150 Days to Date” by Katharina Lang, “Dein perfektes Jahr” by Charlotte Lucas, “Vorwärts küssen – rückwärts lieben” by Sybille Hein. A short review collection is coming, I think it’s a good idea to do that in one post instead of reviewing them all one by one. :)
And one thing I stopped doing on May 30: using nasal spray. That’s kind of a confession, I’ve been using it for so many years and it’s terrible how addictive that stuff is and how hard it is to stop using it but I had a good day on May 30 and decided that today’s the day I’ll stop. And I’m standing it! So if you’re also addicted to nasal spray: it’s possible. You can stop. I believe in you! ♥