Well, 2017 was a pretty shitty year but, of course, I want to post my recap – including my best moments of the year and mine and your favorite outfits and posts. Like last year, I consequently posted monthly recaps so all you have to do in order to find out what happened, you can simply click on the buttons and you’ll find the recap of that month. :)
• Best Moments of 2017 •
I’m happy that 2017 did not only consist of the bad things that happened to me – like the separation, moving out of Hamburg, being back at my parents (not that bad, though, cause I love them, but it’s still not so cool) and in my old village, having to take a break from blogging, etc. – there were also a few great moments which need to be mentioned and not forgotten. Here they are: my best moments of 2017!
- I visited the → opening of Vollkommen.Braut., a plus-size bridal concept store in Hamburg. And I did → a great photo shoot for them. And → walked for them at the PSFD! It’s been so much fun and a huge honor to be kind of a part of the team for 2017! And yes, I’m hoping to collaborate with them again in 2018! :)
- → 8 years of blogging! On January 9, I’m heading into the ninth year of blogging on “Lu zieht an.” and I couldn’t be prouder to be a blogger granny. ♥
- In January, I went to the Panorama fair at Berlin Fashion Week with sheego and → went on stage for their “Curvy Talk”.
- I had a → great collaboration with Dove!
- I went to Milan with Marina Rinaldi and met Ashley Graham.
- I won twice at my Laser Tag birthday party in February. :) Getting better every year!
- I designed → my own skirt with mable! You can still buy it! ;)
- I had a → photo shoot for the SHAPE magazine.
- And another → amazing shoot for Phylyda.
- I went to the cinema with my readers to → watch “Embrace”!
- I started my therapy and it was the best decision ever.
- I got back in touch with my oldest friend. I’m so thankful she was there for me when I needed somebody to comfort me. ♥
- I met other new people and I’m glad that some of them stayed in my life. ♥
- I went to a fancy sex toy event in Hamburg. #happysingle :)
- I was part of the jury at the casting for the PSFD – and it’s so great to meet so many interesting people!
- I → went to Düsseldorf with C&A and → stayed at the Hyatt (and yes, I’m super spoiled now, haha!).
- And I finally → shot with Katharina Kerwer!
- I → shot with the most amazing Sung-Hee Seewald in Munich and our pictures were shown at an exhibition!
- I went to Hamburg for → the Plus Size Fashion Days and I was booked by so many brands so I could be on the catwalk so, so often and it was so amazing!
- And → I met Tess Holliday!
- I got my own car and am finally back at driving more!
- I found an amazing photographer – the → lovely Jacqueline Filmore! ♥
- I mastered the move.
- I → stopped taking the pill and survived the first pain.
- And I survived 2017 even though it really hurt me.
• Your Top 10 (most-clicked) Posts •
This was your most-read post of the year and I totally understand, why. These were big (bad) news and I didn’t expect to have to write this post. But here it is, it’s a fact and I’m still single again for already seven months. Time flies…
I guess I’d say that this is also my favorite post of the year. It’s been so amazing to do this photo shoot and I meant so much to me to write this blog post. If you haven’t read it yet, you should change that. ;)
I could actually say that every single day. I’m so thankful for your support – always, but especially during the hard time this year. I’m also super thankful that you haven’t asked me questions about the separation because it’s something I can’t write about yet. Also, revealing my psychological condition to you was an important step for me, not only for private reasons but also because I feel like talking about this in public is something that needs to happen more often. There’s no shame in all that.
Being naked (in the face) is something I’ve done a lot this year. Even though I’m still so much in love with make-up and all the fun and creativity you can have with it, it’s been kind of liberating to go through some time without it.
Actually, this was one of my favorite posts, too. It just was pretty hard to post it during the hard time of the separation… But it was such a happy day and the memories of shooting for Vollkommen.Braut. are so amazing that I really can’t be sad. It was such a wonderful experience and I’m so thankful I also got the opportunity to walk for them at the PSFD fashion show.
After watching “Embrace”, I had to do a movie review and talk about a few things. If you haven’t seen the movie yet, I’d definitely recommend it to you, it’s really great and I think it should be obligatory to watch for everyone in order to understand that embracing your body and accepting those of others is such an important thing to do.
Unfortunately, this one is only available in German, but I wrote about an advertisement from a supermarket which decided to create the stupidest clip ever. And yes, I’m looking forward to 2018 and all the bullshit that’s coming so I can write about it. Try me!
Well, I get why this post is one of the most-read ones of the year. That’s when I announced that I wouldn’t be able to post as frequently as usual. I felt like I just can’t leave you waiting for something that will need a break.
One of the most important posts I wrote in 2017. It will also be featured in an anthology, an actual book, that’s supposed to come out this year. I’m so proud that my texts actually matter! ♥